Moment ‘gunmen’ flee in blue Jaguar after shooting father, 27, in the head in case of mistaken identity

CCTV footage of the moment ‘gunmen’ fled in a blue Jaguar after shooting a father in the head in a case of mistaken identity has been released by police, months after the incident. 

Mahad Abdi Mohammed, 27, died after being shot in the head in Tottenham in March in what officers believe was a case of mistaken identity.

Emergency services were called to the scene on Waverley Road at 8:45pm on Thursday, 20 March following reports that two men had been shot.

Mr Mohammed had taken a bullet to the head, while another man, aged 26, suffered a gunshot wound to the leg.

The two men were having breakfast outside when a stolen Mitsubishi Outlander approached them. 

The suspects got out of the vehicle and opened fire on the two men, before escaping from the scene.

The car was found burnt-out in Runcorn Close the following morning.

Detectives have now released a clip of a stolen blue Jaguar, which they believe was used to transport the suspects to and from the Mitsubishi.

Mahad Abdi Mohammed, 27, died after being shot in the head in Tottenham in March

Police have released images of the stolen blue jaguar they believe was part of the incident 

Police have released footage and images of one of the suspects 

The newly released footage is part of more than 6,000 hours of CCTV which has been gathered by police.

Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder in March and April.

They were questioned and released on bail pending further investigations.

It comes as detectives are offering a £20,000 reward for information from independent charity Crimestoppers, eight months to the day of Mr Mohammed’s death, in a bid to identify, arrest and prosecute those responsible.

Detective Chief Inspector Rebecca Woodsford, leading the Met’s investigation, said: ‘Tottenham’s tightknit community has experienced the heartbreaking impact of gun crime. The loss of Mahad weighs heavy every day, but it will be particularly difficult for his loved-ones to carry throughout their first festive season without him.

‘A time where loved-ones traditionally come together will be marked by an empty seat at the table.

‘There is someone out there who knows what happened that night and we are urging those individuals to find it in their heart to come forward. No matter how small you think the information is, please speak to us. It could be exactly what we need to locate those responsible.

‘Myself and my team understand how daunting the information sharing process can be, but there are lots of ways to give evidence to the police. We can protect witnesses or request their evidence is anonymous and ensure you will receive special support every step of the way.’

Appealing for information, Mr Mohammed’s youngest sister added: ‘To stay silent is to be complicit. To stay silent is to let a grieving mother suffer in confusion. To stay silent is to let a little boy grow up not knowing what happened to his father.

Detectives have released a picture of one of the suspects they believe was involved 

An image released by Met Police of one of the suspects detectives believe was involved 

Police believe the car was used to transport the the suspects to and from another vehicle 

Mr Mohammed’s family have urged the public to come forward with information 

‘If you know something and you haven’t come forward, please think about that.

‘Think about a family that cannot begin to heal because the truth is still hiding in the shadows.

‘My brother deserves better. He deserves justice’.

The reward is being offered for any information received by Crimestoppers which leads to the conviction of those responsible for Mr Mohammed’s death. It is available for three months, and will expire on March 20, 2026.

Alexa Loukas, Regional Manager for London of Crimestoppers, said: ‘Crimestoppers is appealing to anyone with information about this tragic incident to come forward anonymously. Mahad’s loved ones deserve answers and justice for the murder of Mahad.

‘Our charity’s reward offer of £20,000, we hope, may encourage someone who has key details about his murder to come forward and speak up, with the assurance they will remain completely anonymous.

‘At Crimestoppers, you can share what you know without ever having to reveal your identify, you will never have to speak to the police or give a witness statement. Please, if you have even the smallest detail, come forward. Your courage could make all the difference.’

Anyone who can help should call police on 101, quoting 7426/20MAR or visit the Major Incident Police Portal.

People can also go through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via its website.

Any information given to Crimestoppers will be completely anonymised before it is passed onto police and will remain so.

Read More

  • Related Posts

    Harrowing moment California dad of three is shot after being KIDNAPPED by his own boss in twisted scheme that ended in police shootout

    A California father-of-three was abducted from his home and murdered by his own boss, officials claimed, with his brutal killing captured on video.  Shukur Aikebaer, 60, was nabbed outside his…

    Moment armed teen levels gun to the back of several shoppers’ HEADS before opening fire in busy Maryland mall captured in harrowing video

    See more Daily Mail on Google – save us as a Preferred Source By ALEX HAMMER, US MEDIA CORRESPONDENT Published: 00:20 EDT, 1 August 2026 | Updated: 00:55 EDT, 1…

    You Missed

    Dramatic rescues unfold at popular swimming spot as TWO more people are injured just days after teen crashed into rocks while cliff jumping

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 10 views
    Dramatic rescues unfold at popular swimming spot as TWO more people are injured just days after teen crashed into rocks while cliff jumping

    Pub rallies around mother-of-two fighting for life after car ploughed into her at a pedestrian crossing

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 7 views
    Pub rallies around mother-of-two fighting for life after car ploughed into her at a pedestrian crossing

    FIFA hits back at international revolt over Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell World Cup shares

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 9 views
    FIFA hits back at international revolt over Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell World Cup shares

    Terrifying death threats sent to friend of Nolan Wells as California man taken into custody on federal charges

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 10 views
    Terrifying death threats sent to friend of Nolan Wells as California man taken into custody on federal charges

    Hamas agrees to ‘complete disarmament’ in Gaza after Trump reveals historic deal for peace in Middle East

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 7 views
    Hamas agrees to ‘complete disarmament’ in Gaza after Trump reveals historic deal for peace in Middle East

    Harrowing moment California dad of three is shot after being KIDNAPPED by his own boss in twisted scheme that ended in police shootout

    Harrowing moment California dad of three is shot after being KIDNAPPED by his own boss in twisted scheme that ended in police shootout