Young father allegedly killed in neighbour dispute is identified after he was found with stab wounds on a driveway

  • Aaron Grant, 28, was allegedly killed
  • Police have charged a man with murder 

By HARRISON CHRISTIAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

Published: | Updated:

A young father allegedly stabbed to death by his neighbour has been identified as  Aaron Grant.

The 28-year-old from Seymour, 100km north of Melbourne, was found lying injured in the driveway of a home on Heywood Crescent just before 3am on Saturday. 

Mr Grant had critical stab injuries to his chest and was rushed to hospital, but died a short time later.

Victoria Police said he had been arguing with a neighbour who allegedly stabbed him and then fled the scene, before he later turned himself into police. 

Marc Robertson, 41, was charged with murder and faced Seymour Magistrates’ Court on Monday. 

He did not apply for bail and was remanded in custody until his next hearing on August 13. 

The prosecution requested more time than usual for forensics and further investigation, according to the Herald Sun.  

Friends and loved ones have taken to social media to express their shock at the news. It’s understood Mr Grant had children including an eight-year-old son.

A young father allegedly stabbed to death by his neighbour has been identified as Aaron Grant (pictured)

The 28-year-old from Seymour, regional Victoria, was found lying injured in the driveway of a home on Heywood Crescent just before 3am on Saturday

‘He didn’t deserve this and neither did his kids who will never have a chance to know him as they grow and get older,’ one person wrote.

‘My heart goes out to the family.’ 

The Longwood Redlegs Football Netball Club also released a statement saying the club was ‘saddened to hear of the tragic and unnecessary death of Aaron Grant’.

‘Aaron along with his brother Travis were members of our inaugural Under 18’s team in 2014, and continued with the Redlegs for the following three seasons,’ it said.

‘Aaron was always reliable with his football when the club was working hard to establish itself in the Under 18’s competition and he always would give his full effort.

‘It is shattering for so many people, but none more than the family to lose a son and a brother in such tragic circumstances.

‘It’s time people think before they act!! The repercussions on so many is heartbreaking. Aaron will always have his place in Redlegs history. RIP Aaron Grant.’

Read More

  • Related Posts

    Young South Sudanese models ‘take up space’ in quest to showcase talent

    Juba, South Sudan – Growing up, Khloe Nyanda and the women and girls around her were taught “to be small and not take up spaces”, the 21-year-old says. But the…

    Father dies moments after taking part in ‘amazing’ tribute to schoolboy, 14, who passed away with motor neurone disease

    A father has died moments after taking part in a tribute to a schoolboy who passed away with motor neurone disease (MND). Chris Bailey was killed in a fatal crash…

    You Missed

    Hard-working Aussie almost DIES after horror mistake with painkiller Nurofen

    Hard-working Aussie almost DIES after horror mistake with painkiller Nurofen

    ‘Paranoid’ Pete Hegseth fired highest-ranking US Army officer amid Iran war ‘because he was threatened by him’

    ‘Paranoid’ Pete Hegseth fired highest-ranking US Army officer amid Iran war ‘because he was threatened by him’

    New York Times goes viral for embarrassing blunder in Iran war coverage

    New York Times goes viral for embarrassing blunder in Iran war coverage

    Trump asks for eye-popping number to fund Pentagon as he rips through $1 billion per DAY on Iran war

    Trump asks for eye-popping number to fund Pentagon as he rips through $1 billion per DAY on Iran war

    Green Party plans to reduce the speed limit on Britain’s motorways to 55mph under Zack Polanski’s ‘war on motorists’

    Green Party plans to reduce the speed limit on Britain’s motorways to 55mph under Zack Polanski’s ‘war on motorists’

    Pete Hegseth fires highest-ranking US Army officer in the middle of Iran war

    Pete Hegseth fires highest-ranking US Army officer in the middle of Iran war