Trump predicts he’ll lose birthright citizenship case next after SCOTUS helped China make a ‘fortune’

Donald Trump, outraged with the Supreme Court‘s decision to strike down his tariff plan, is worried that the Court will strike down his pending birthright citizenship case to benefit China.

‘Our incompetent Supreme Court did a great job for the wrong people,’ the President ranted on Truth Social.

He added the conservative justices who voted against him should ‘be ashamed of themselves.’ 

The justices struck down most of the President’s sprawling tariff regime on Friday, ruling 6-3 that Trump’s invoking of an emergency act to implement levies was illegal.

The court’s rejection comes despite the President having the benefit of a conservative majority. He appointed three Supreme Court Justices in his first term – Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.

Despite the Court’s 6-3 rightward lean, Gorsuch and Barrett ruled against the President on Friday, while Kavanaugh penned the dissent. 

The move may force the White House to repay the $175 billion in revenues it received from the plan. It also effectively halts the administration’s plans to send ‘Trump checks’ to citizens using tariff revenue. 

‘The next thing you know, they will rule in favor of China and others, who are making an absolute fortune on birthright citizenship,’ the president’s post continued. 

President Donald Trump has expressed concern that the Supreme Court will rule against his birthright citizenship executive order after striking down most of his tariff plans

The Supreme Court took up the president’s birthright citizenship case in December

‘But this Supreme Court will find a way to come to the wrong conclusion, one that again will make China, and various other nations, happy and rich.’

Trump signed an executive order ending birthright citizenship in the US last year. It has been tied up in the courts ever since, and the Supreme Court is set to rule on the legality of his order in the coming weeks. 

The president posted repeatedly about the Supreme Court and its tariff decision on Monday, sending veiled threats to US trading partners, some of the justices, and to Congress. 

‘Any Country that wants to “play games” with the ridiculous Supreme Court decision, especially those that have “Ripped Off” the U.S.A. for years, and even decades, will be met with a much higher Tariff, and worse, than that which they just recently agreed to. BUYER BEWARE!!!’ the Republican wrote in another Truth Social post. 

In a third post, the president stated he does ‘not have to go back to Congress to get approval’ for tariffs, claiming that the latest Supreme Court decision ‘reaffirmed’ that he does not need to consult Congress to restart his tariff regime. 

On Saturday, Trump took to Truth Social to announce a new global 15 percent tariff in the wake of the Supreme Court decision.

The following day, US Trade Representative Jameison Greer told ABC’s ‘This Week’ that the administration has already found ways to ‘reconstruct’ the administration’s tariff plans.

‘The legal tool to implement it – that might change, but the policy hasn’t changed,’ Greer said. 

President Trump held a press conference on Friday to address the Supreme Court’s decision

Though the Supreme Court overruled Trump’s use of varying tariffs, the president is still able to implement tariffs using other vehicles. 

Last week, the president invoked Section 122 of the Trade Act of 1974 in order to impose his 15 percent global tariff rate.

However, the tariffs will expire after 150 years without Congressional approval. 

Democrats in Congress are already angling to stop the president from kick-starting his tariff plan again.

‘Trump’s illegal tax scheme has already done lasting damage to American families, small businesses and manufacturers who have been hammered by wave after wave of new Trump tariffs,’ Senator Ron Wyden, the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, wrote in a statement. 

‘Senate Democrats will continue fighting to rein in Donald Trump’s price-hiking trade and economic policies. A crucial first step is helping people who need it most, by putting money back in the pockets of small businesses and manufacturers as soon as possible,’ he continued. 

Read More

  • Related Posts

    President Trump announces an ‘Address to the Nation’ on Iran

    President Donald Trump will give an ‘Address to the Nation’ on Iran on Wednesday night.  The speech was announced Tuesday night by press secretary Karoline Leavitt, who teased an ‘important…

    Trump asks for eye-popping number to fund Pentagon as he rips through $1 billion per DAY on Iran war

    President Donald Trump is asking for an eye-popping $1.5 trillion to fund the Pentagon in the budget proposal the White House released Friday.  With the war with Iran ongoing, Trump…

    You Missed

    Anthony Albanese to deliver address to the nation TONIGHT as he makes urgent plea to all Australians: ‘Play their part’

    • By poster
    • May 24, 2026
    • 2 views
    Anthony Albanese to deliver address to the nation TONIGHT as he makes urgent plea to all Australians: ‘Play their part’

    Labour could lose ‘well over’ 1,000 councillors -elections continues, say top pollsters

    • By poster
    • May 24, 2026
    • 2 views
    Labour could lose ‘well over’ 1,000 councillors -elections continues, say top pollsters

    President Trump announces an ‘Address to the Nation’ on Iran

    • By poster
    • May 24, 2026
    • 2 views
    President Trump announces an ‘Address to the Nation’ on Iran

    The fatal hospital blunder that cost young tradie, 22, his life

    • By poster
    • May 24, 2026
    • 2 views
    The fatal hospital blunder that cost young tradie, 22, his life

    Sacked BBC star Scott Mills admitted pinning an ex-boyfriend to the wall by his throat after he betrayed him and found him in bed with his friend

    • By poster
    • May 24, 2026
    • 2 views
    Sacked BBC star Scott Mills admitted pinning an ex-boyfriend to the wall by his throat after he betrayed him and found him in bed with his friend

    World’s oldest known tortoise dies aged 193: Jonathan

    • By admin
    • May 23, 2026
    • 2 views
    World’s oldest known tortoise dies aged 193: Jonathan