New bodycam footage shows moment Nottingham triple killer Valdo Calocane is stopped by police outside MI5 HQ after demanding to be arrested

This is the moment future triple killer Valdo Calocane was stopped by police after begging MI5 to be arrested.

Bodycam footage from Met Police officers called to security service headquarters in central London in May 2021 showed mentally ill Calocane appearing ‘calm and compliant’ when stopped by the two officers.

An inquiry is looking into mistakes made in the run-up to Calocane being free to kill three people and seriously injure three others in a rampage in Nottingham in June 2023.

Footage played to the inquiry today showed bearded Calocane standing outside Thames House in Millbank wearing all black, despite it being a ‘hot’ day.

The inquiry heard Calocane arrived at around 5pm on May 31, a bank holiday, and pressed the intercom.

The head of physical security at MI5, who was referred to only as ‘Witness G’, spoke to Calocane who was ‘claiming to have information regarding a case’.

The witness said Calocane ‘wanted to be arrested but would not give any more information’, and so police were called.

Valdo Calocane was stopped by police outside MI5 headquarters in London in May 2021, an interaction caught on bodyworn camera 

The Nottingham University student said he wanted to speak with spooks about an unspecified case 

He was then approached by Metropolitan Police, who were called to investigate

Bodyworn footage recorded by Pc Graham Foster showed him and a colleague approaching bearded Calocane, standing in the shade, as families with children and pushing prams walked past.

During the brief exchange, Pc Foster asked Calocane to take his hands out of his pockets and provide his name, which was checked against police records.

Asked if he had been arrested before, Calocane replied: ‘Not really.’ He then said: ‘I have been arrested once’.

The inquiry previously heard he had been arrested twice in one 24-hour period a year earlier for banging down two neighbours’ front doors in Nottingham where he was a student, though police took no further action.

The inquiry heard a police operator who carried out checks into the suspect stated that Calocane ‘was known but not wanted and had no warning signals’.

Calocane left the scene moments later when his Uber arrived – although police did not ask where he was going.

Pc Foster said he did not probe Calocane about why he was there because he was ‘trying to build a rapport’, and because Calocane had made plans to leave the area.

Pc Foster told the inquiry: ‘I was content with the response that he gave.

‘I was content by his demeanor, his mannerism, he didn’t seem agitated, he was calm, compliant, coherent, so I was happy with the response he gave me.’

Ian Coates, Barnaby Webber – known as Barney – and Grace O’Malley-Kumar were killed in Nottingham in a series of supposedly random knife attacks by one man 

Sophie Cartwright KC, representing the survivors of Calocane’s rampage, said: ‘Why didnt you ask VC (Calocane) a question about why he wanted to be arrested?

‘This is a member of the public who has attended the home of MI5. It is significant, would you agree, that a member of the public is asking to be arrested at MI5?’

Pc Foster replied: ‘The reason I was there, again, trying to build a rapport with a member of the public and to ascertain did he want to speak to the police and he replied clearly that he didn’t want to speak to police.

‘There wasn’t anything that he wished to tell us about, so I was happy with the response he gave me.’

The inquiry also heard from one of Calocane’s former flatmates who told police he was stalked by the violent thug.

The witness, known only as Sebastian, said he had to move out of their flatshare after Valocane threatened him and then tried to enter his locked room in the middle of the night.

He also reported being frightened when Calocane followed him home from the gym on multiple occasions.

But police did not consider the matter amounted to stalking and the complaint went no further.

Calocane went on to kill 19-year-olds Barnaby Webber and Grace O’Malley-Kumar, and 65-year-old Ian Coates during a stabbing spree in 2023.

He was handed an indefinite hospital order after admitting manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

The inquiry continues.

Read More

  • Related Posts

    New footage shows moment of deadly bus bombing in Colombia

    NewsFeed Newly released dashcam video shows the moment that a bomb-laden bus exploded in Colombia, killing at least 13 people on the Pan-American Highway. The country’s president says that dissidents…

    Bedroom footage that made smug wife of Alexander brother WEEP in humiliation… and the defiant four-word message she wrote in her courtroom diary: Inside sex crimes trial

    As jurors filed into Manhattan federal court for the second week of the Alexander brothers’ criminal sex trafficking trial, one of the siblings’ wives sat quietly in the gallery, a…

    You Missed

    Anthony Albanese’s stern response after Donald Trump threatened to destroy ‘whole civilisation’ in Iran

    Anthony Albanese’s stern response after Donald Trump threatened to destroy ‘whole civilisation’ in Iran

    Kristi Noem’s controversial $70M luxury jet to be repurposed for Melania’s personal use

    Kristi Noem’s controversial $70M luxury jet to be repurposed for Melania’s personal use

    The night the world held its breath: Iranian missiles rained down across the Middle East as clocks ticked towards Trump’s obliteration deadline… then with less than 90 minutes to go he fired up Truth Social…

    The night the world held its breath: Iranian missiles rained down across the Middle East as clocks ticked towards Trump’s obliteration deadline… then with less than 90 minutes to go he fired up Truth Social…

    Interest rate cap on student loans ‘is just tinkering round the edges’

    Interest rate cap on student loans ‘is just tinkering round the edges’

    Wife of US Army sergeant who came to US as a BABY released by ICE after being detained at military base

    Wife of US Army sergeant who came to US as a BABY released by ICE after being detained at military base

    Top doctor breaks down as he’s found guilty of attempted manslaughter for trying to push wife off cliff in Hawaii

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 2 views
    Top doctor breaks down as he’s found guilty of attempted manslaughter for trying to push wife off cliff in Hawaii