
By TOM LAWRENCE, NEWS REPORTER and JAMIE BULLEN, LIVE COVERAGE EDITOR and ADAM POGRUND, REPORTER and GETHIN HICKS, REPORTER
Updated:
Kurds living in western Iran could begin a rebellion within a matter of days after being secretly armed by the United States, according to reports.
The US and Israel are thought to be seeking an armed uprising and have been smuggling weapons to Kurdish volunteers since last year.
An on-ground rebellion could begin in the coming days after the American-Israeli offensive struck western Iranian security targets to degrade their capabilities.
It comes after President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged the Iranian people to take back their country and overthrow the current regime.
As the conflict in the Middle East entered its fourth day on Tuesday, Trump lashed out as Sir Keir Starmer, saying ‘it is not quite Winston Churchill we’re dealing with’.
Earlier the President told Iran’s surviving leaders it’s ‘too late’ to talk as US and Israeli airstrikes obliterated a building in Tehran where the new Iranian leader would be picked.
Writing on his Truth Social account, the President said: ‘Their air defense, Air Force, Navy, and Leadership is gone. They want to talk. I said “Too Late!’
His remarks come as Israeli and US strikes targeted a meeting of senior Iranian clerics tasked with choosing the next supreme leader to succeed Ayatollah Khamenei following his death on Saturday.
Meanwhile Iranian drones attacked another major Gulf oil refinery in the UAE and also targeted the site of the largest American military base in Qatar as the US-Israel war with Iran enters its fourth day.
And the US embassy in Saudi Arabia warned of ‘imminent’ missile and drone attacks in Riyadh after the building was struck by two Iranian drones last night.
The Daily Mail had the latest updates on the US-Israel war with Iran
US and Israelis are ‘seeking an armed uprising in Iran’
The joint US-Israeli offensive is seeking an armed uprising in Iran using a Kurdish fighting force, reports this evening suggest.
It is thought that since 2024 thousands of volunteers in western Iran have been armed with weapons ready for a rebellion which could begin within a matter of days.
It follows US targeting of west Iran in recent days in an attempt to destabilise the region ahead of a possible on-ground rebellion.
American and Israeli forces have been asked to provide air cover, according to ITV News, when the Kurds begin their uprising.
It comes after President Donald Trump admitted he will not hesitate to deploy US troops in Iran ‘if they were necessary’.
US Senator John Fetterman praises Trump’s operation in Iran
Trump says ‘somebody from within might maybe be more appropriate’ when asked about Reza Pahlavi taking over in Iran
President Donald Trump on Tuesday seemed to dismiss the notion of Reza Pahlavi taking over as the next leader of Iran.
‘Some people like him, and we haven’t been thinking too much about that,’ he said of the exiled shah.
But, Trump said, ‘It would seem to me that somebody from within might maybe be more appropriate — I’ve said that.’
‘He looks like a very nice person, but it would seem to me that somebody that’s there, that’s currently popular, if there’s such a person.’
US House Speaker Mike Johnson argues war powers vote is ‘dangerous’
US House Speaker Mike Johnson responded to some of his colleagues push to hold a vote to restrict President Donald Trump from continuing to strike Iran.
‘The idea that a few colleagues here would try to move a war powers motion and resolution to the floor right now is dangerous,’
‘Imagine a scenario where Congress would vote to tell the commander in chief that he was no longer allowed to complete this mission, that would be a very dangerous thing.’
Johnson said he is supportive of the Iran strikes and believes Trump acted within his legal authority, saying Iran’s ballistic missile program posed an ‘imminent and serious threat.’
Iran’s ambassador to the UN casts doubts on negotiations
Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations cast doubt about the prospect of negotiations with the United States on Tuesday, three days after the US and Israel launched joint strikes on the country.
‘For the time being we are very doubtful about the usefulness of negotiation,’ Ali Bahreini, ambassador of the Iranian mission to the UN in Geneva, told reporters.
Trump urges Americans to register with State Department
President Donald Trump urged Americans in the Middle East to register with the State Department Tuesday night.
‘Since the launch of Operation Epic Fury, more than 9,000 Americans have safely returned home from the Middle East,’ he wrote on his Truth Social page.
Trump then explained that the State Department ‘will identify where you are, and provide travel options to you.’
‘We are already chartering flights, free of charge, and booking commercial options, which we expect will become increasingly available as time goes on.’
US State Department authorizes non-emergency personnel to evacuate Saudi Arabia, Oman
The US State Department said early Wednesday it has authorized non-emergency American government personnel and family members to evacuate in Saudi Arabia and Oman should they choose.
‘There has been an ongoing threat of drone and missile attacks from Iran and significant disruptions to commercial flights,’ the State Department said in its advisory on Oman.
It also said terrorism is a threat to Americans in Oman, particularly at cultural and religious locations, markets, entertainment venues, transportation hubs and other gathering places.
The travel advisory level for Oman is at “reconsider travel,” but along its border with Yemen to the south and southwest, the Department of State advises, “Do Not Travel” due to ‘terrorism and armed conflict.’
The travel advisory level for Oman is at ‘reconsider travel,’ but along its border with Yemen, the State Department advises, ‘Do Not Travel’ due to ‘terrorism and armed conflict.’
Exclusive:Favorite for Supreme Leader of Iran spent months being ‘treated’ in UK hospitals
Mojtaba Khamenei, the favorite to become the new Supreme Leader of Iran, was repeatedly treated for impotency at hospitals in the UK, according to a secret US intelligence document.
On Tuesday, Mojtaba, 56, was reportedly preparing to be named successor to his father Ali Khamenei, who was killed along with 48 other senior regime officials in America and Israel‘s ongoing Operation Epic Fury.
According to a classified briefing sent by the State Department to the US Embassy in London in 2008, and later released by WikiLeaks, Mojtaba was placed under pressure by his family to produce heirs.
UAE says it has been subject to over 1,000 attacks from Iran
The United Arab Emirates has been subjected to more than 1,000 attacks from Iran, according to the nation’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The ministry said these attacks outnumber those ‘suffered by all other targeted countries,’ adding that the nation ‘has not participated in the war and has not permitted the use of its territory, territorial waters, or airspace in any attack against Iran.’
‘In this regard, the UAE affirms its right to self-defense, as guaranteed by international law and the Charter of the United Nations,’ the ministry said in a statement.
Moment CNN anchors are forced to seek shelter
CNN’s Erin Burnett was forced to take cover as air raid sirens sounded in Tel Aviv.
Three paramedics among those dead in Lebanon, WHO chief says
Three paramedics were killed and another six were injured while trying to rescue people in Lebanon, World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus announced on social media.
‘The risk that more health workers will count among the casualties is high. This must be avoided at all costs, so paramedics, doctors and nurses can be allowed to carry out their life-saving work, which is especially needed in times of crisis,’ he posted on X.
‘Warring parties must abide by international humanitarian law and protect health workers, facilities and patients,’ he continued.
‘I call for the utmost restraint and for voices of wisdom and peace to rise above sound of bombings. Peace is the best medicine.’
Flight for Brits in Oman to evacuate scheduled for Wednesday
A commercial flight chartered by the UK government will leave Muscat at 7pm on Wednesday for British nationals wanting to leave Oman following attacks in the region, the Foreign Office said.
Key Updates
-
Canadian Prime Minister walks back support for operation
-
CIA station in Saudi Arabia hit by drones
-
Revealed: Names of four US troops killed in drone strike
-
US and Israelis are ‘seeking an armed uprising in Iran’
-
Qatar was targeted by two ballistic missiles launched from Iran
-
Trump doubles down on Keir Starmer criticism
-
Trump says US will cut all ties with Spain
-
Multiple US embassies shut amid fears of Iranian attack
-
Keir Starmer: UK to send helicopters and warship to Cyprus
-
Israel confirms meeting to elect new supreme leader was targeted
-
Potential supreme leader successor and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s son still alive, reports say
-
Israeli and US airstrikes hit building where next supreme leader will be selected
-
Trump claims Iran wanted to negotiate but he said ‘too late’
-
US embassy in Saudi Arabia declares threat of imminent missile and drone attacks
-
Israel claims to have hit senior Iranian commander in Tehran strikes
-
UAE reveals how many drones and missiles have been fired by Iran
-
UK considers sending air defence destroyer HMS Duncan to Middle East
-
Qatar says it thwarted Iranian attacks on airport
-
Brits stuck in Dubai reveal their ‘terrifying’ ordeals as lucky few fly home
-
Iranian general warns Tehran will ‘burn every ship’ in the Strait of Hormuz
-
Saudi Arabia condemns US embassy attack
-
Israel strikes Iran’s presidential office in new strikes on Tehran
-
Iran attacks the largest US Middle East military base in Qatar
-
Iran death toll reaches 787
-
UN agency confirms damage to Iranian nuclear plant
-
France to send anti-drone equipment to Cyrpus after attack at British RAF base
-
France deploys jets over UAE to protect its military bases
-
Fire breaks out at major UAE oil refinery after Iranian drone is intercepted
-
European markets slide as oil and gas prices rise
-
Israel deploys troops to enter Lebanon
-
Incredible moment US airman is threatened after his F-15 plane was mistakenly shot down
-
China urges restraint near Strait of Hormuz amid shipping fears
-
Mossad hacked traffic cameras to help Israel and US bring down Ayatollah
-
Trump renews his attack on Keir Starmer and suggests PM panders to Muslim voters
-
US embassy in Saudi Arabia shut after Iranian drone attack
TOP STORIES








