One Nation candidate wanted in the UK over sex crime allegations after changing his name

  • Aoi Baxter was One Nation’s candidate for Adelaide
  • He has been removed from the role
  • It comes after news there is a warrant for his arrest in the UK 

By CAITLIN POWELL – NEWS REPORTER

Published: | Updated:

A South Australian One Nation candidate has a warrant out for his arrest in the UK after he allegedly sexually touched a woman without her consent and then failed to show up at court.

Aoi Baxter, 31, who is also known as Trent Baxter, had been the party’s candidate for the seat of Adelaide

However, a One Nation spokesperson confirmed on Friday afternoon that this was no longer the case.

‘One Nation has today been made aware by the media of allegations regarding the party’s candidate for Adelaide, Aoi Baxter,’ a statement to the Daily Mail read.

‘Today we have been informed Mr Baxter has a warrant in the United Kingdom for failing to appear at a court hearing.

‘This was not disclosed to One Nation by Mr Baxter. Mr Baxter is no longer a One Nation candidate as a result of this news.

‘One Nation conducted a nationwide police check on Mr Baxter as it does with all candidates. No issues were discovered.

‘One Nation will cooperate fully with law enforcement regarding this matter. We have been unable to contact Mr Baxter.’ 

South Australian One Nation candidate Aoi Baxter (pictured) has a warrant out for his arrest in the UK after he allegedly sexually touched a woman without her consent

The party has dropped him as a candidate

The candidate page for Mr Baxter on the One Nation website has been deleted

The candidate page for Mr Baxter on the One Nation website has been deleted, leaving users with a snarky error message.

‘Maybe Albo broke the internet (again), or maybe the page you were looking for was just not found on our amazing new website,’ it read.

A spokesperson for Cumbria Police told the Daily Mail that Mr Baxter would be arrested if he returned to the UK.

‘In 2023, Trent Baxter, now 31, (then of no fixed address) was charged with sexual assault but failed to attend the court hearing scheduled for September (that year),’ they said.

‘It is the Constabulary’s understanding that he has left the UK and is now residing in Australia.

‘Baxter remains wanted for the offence and will be arrested, should he return to the UK.’

The Daily Mail has contacted Mr Baxter for comment.

Channel 9 asked Mr Baxter if he denied the allegations on Friday.

‘I believe in innocent until proven guilty, that’s all I’m going to say at the moment, I will be putting out a full statement,’ he said.

Mr Baxter, who changed his name in July 2025 from Trent to Aoi, has been the owner of several Australian businesses and two companies in the UK.

The Westmorland Gazette, a local publication in north-east England, reported that Mr Baxter had been accused of sexual assault that was said to have taken place in 2022.

The coverage, in September 2023, said he was due before Barrow Magistrates’ Court that month.

The news about the warrant for Mr Baxter, who had moved to Adelaide in mid-2025, came days before the state elections in South Australia on Saturday.

Read More

  • Related Posts

    Neo-Nazi is taken down by cops at One Nation fundraiser as Pauline Hanson is rushed out the back door to avoid wild protest

    READ MORE: Hanson spends the first of her $3million ‘fire the liar’ donations See more Daily Mail on Google – save us as a Preferred Source By MATT JONES, SENIOR…

    US Senate candidate weaponizes a TARANTULA to get Airbnb tenant out of her home

    A candidate for the US Senate has been convicted of throwing a tarantula down the stairs of her basement in a Home Alone-inspired bid to scare an alleged squatter. Marisa Simonetti,…

    You Missed

    ABC star who made disgraceful Gina Rinehart joke filmed twerking to The Last Post on Anzac Day

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 9 views
    ABC star who made disgraceful Gina Rinehart joke filmed twerking to The Last Post on Anzac Day

    Wild-eyed teenager dressed as clown charged with MURDER after he went door-to-door in chilling ring video as details of elderly neighbor’s death are revealed

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 8 views
    Wild-eyed teenager dressed as clown charged with MURDER after he went door-to-door in chilling ring video as details of elderly neighbor’s death are revealed

    Horrifying discovery as dozens of decomposing bodies found in basement of Chicago funeral home

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 8 views
    Horrifying discovery as dozens of decomposing bodies found in basement of Chicago funeral home

    Wild-eyed boy, 15, dressed as CLOWN went door-to-door in chilling ring video before allegedly murdering elderly neighbor, 78: ‘I’ve got a gift for you’

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 8 views
    Wild-eyed boy, 15, dressed as CLOWN went door-to-door in chilling ring video before allegedly murdering elderly neighbor, 78: ‘I’ve got a gift for you’

    Significant update on Aussie tradie who nearly died after his robot vacuum exploded

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    Significant update on Aussie tradie who nearly died after his robot vacuum exploded

    Illegal migrant on track for shockingly early parole after knocking down and killing Arkansas teen, 18, her devastated mom claims

    • By poster
    • August 17, 2026
    • 8 views
    Illegal migrant on track for shockingly early parole after knocking down and killing Arkansas teen, 18, her devastated mom claims