Israel kills two Palestinians, including 16 year-old, in West Bank

Israeli forces have shot dead two Palestinians, including a teenage boy, during separate raids in the Jenin governorate in the occupied West Bank, officials say, with security camera footage showing soldiers shooting the boy at “point-blank” range.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced late on Saturday that Israeli forces shot dead Rayyan Abdel Qader, 16, after storming the town of Qabatiya. The second victim, 22-year-old Ahmad Zayoud, was killed in Silat al-Harithiya, west of Jenin.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 items

end of list

Witnesses said Israeli troops had opened fire directly at Abdel Qader, the Wafa news agency reported on Sunday, and blocked emergency crews from reaching him, leaving him to bleed to death. Israeli forces then held his body, the Palestinian agency reported.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said Zayoud was shot in the chest.

A 15-year-old Palestinian boy also sustained injuries to his hand during the incident, the ministry said.

Zayoud’s killing comes about a week after Israeli forces killed a 16-year-old in the town.

Reporting from Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank, Al Jazeera’s Nida Ibrahim said that surveillance footage showed Abdel Qader walking towards what locals said was his home when Israeli forces shot him “point-blank”.

“We don’t often have video surveillance to show how many of these killings have been done under what Palestinians call extrajudicial killings, which is Israeli forces killing Palestinians point-blank or under excuses that they say they’ve [Palestinians] been doing something that is seen as resisting Israeli forces,” she said.

“Not only that, they refused to let anyone come close to the body for 40 minutes, a practice we’ve been seeing a lot in the occupied West Bank, where Israeli forces kind of wait for the person to die,” Ibrahim said.

Al Jazeera spoke to Abdel Qader’s family, who said they had no idea what had happened.

“It’s really part of the pain that the families have to endure, seeing videos like that, showing how little regard the Israeli army has for Palestinian lives,” Ibrahim said.

More than 200 children killed since 2023

The Israeli military said the deaths occurred after the victims hurled a block and an explosive at their forces. Such claims have turned out to be false most of the time. The military said that Abdel Qader had been shot after hurling a block towards its soldiers, who responded with fire, while Zayoud had thrown an explosive.

No Israeli troops were injured in the incidents, it said.

The latest deaths bring the toll from Israeli attacks in the occupied West Bank to 1,101, including 229 children, since October 7, 2023, the day of the Hamas-led attack on Israel. Israel’s response to the attack was a brutal assault against Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank.

Israeli authorities have arrested nearly 21,000 Palestinians during that period. As of December 1, some 9,300 Palestinian prisoners were in Israeli jails, more than a third of them detained without charges. Palestinian prisoners have routinely been tortured, sexually abused and even killed in custody. Israel has confirmed the identities of 86 Palestinian prisoners who died in its custody.

Attacks by Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank have also surged amid the mainstreaming of the far-right in the country. On Sunday, the Israeli government approved the construction of 19 new settlements in the occupied West Bank in violation of international laws.

Numerous rights organisations have dubbed Israeli action in Gaza as an act of genocide, and the International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for war crimes.

The violence has played out in tandem with Israel’s ongoing deadly attacks on Gaza, in violation of the ceasefire signed on October 10. These violations have prompted warnings that diplomatic efforts to advance to the second phase of the US-brokered agreement could be in jeopardy. Israel has killed at least 400 Palestinians since the ceasefire pushed by US President Donald Trump came into effect.

Two killed in Gaza City

Meanwhile, a medical source at Gaza City’s al-Ahli Arab Hospital said that Israeli forces killed two Palestinians on Sunday in the Shujayea neighbourhood, in the east of the city.

The source said the killings took place near the so-called yellow line, demarcating territory under Israeli military control.

An Al Jazeera team on the ground reported that Israeli artillery shelling and helicopter gunfire were also targeting areas near Israeli positions east of Khan Younis, in southern Gaza.

The latest killings in Gaza came a day after Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Hakan Fidan told the Anadolu news agency that Israel’s repeated violations of the ceasefire agreement were “creating major risks for transitioning to the second phase”.

Fidan’s comments came as he joined diplomats from the US, Egypt and Qatar in the US city of Miami to review the first phase of the ceasefire.

Meanwhile, Gaza’s Ministry of Interior and National Security said that four people were killed when a three-storey house collapsed in Gaza City’s Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood on Saturday night.

The latest deaths brought the total number of people killed in such circumstances to 18 since the ceasefire came into effect.

The Palestinian Civil Defence in Gaza said on Sunday that it had successfully rescued five people, including a child and two women, from the building.

Read More

  • Related Posts

    US puts pressure on Israel to pause strikes in Lebanon amid fragile ceasefire while threatening Iran not to toll Strait of Hormuz

    Donald Trump pressured Israel to slow down attacks on Lebanon as the strikes threaten to thwart peace talks with Iran, as he keeps his eye on Iran’s activities around the Strait of…

    Hezbollah and Israel swap threats and strikes across Lebanon’s border

    Iran-linked group reiterates defiance; Israeli defence minister threatens to ‘burn all of Lebanon’. Israel has threatened to “burn” all of Lebanon after Hezbollah reiterated its defiance and rejection of peace…

    You Missed

    Anthony Albanese’s stern response after Donald Trump threatened to destroy ‘whole civilisation’ in Iran

    Anthony Albanese’s stern response after Donald Trump threatened to destroy ‘whole civilisation’ in Iran

    Kristi Noem’s controversial $70M luxury jet to be repurposed for Melania’s personal use

    Kristi Noem’s controversial $70M luxury jet to be repurposed for Melania’s personal use

    The night the world held its breath: Iranian missiles rained down across the Middle East as clocks ticked towards Trump’s obliteration deadline… then with less than 90 minutes to go he fired up Truth Social…

    The night the world held its breath: Iranian missiles rained down across the Middle East as clocks ticked towards Trump’s obliteration deadline… then with less than 90 minutes to go he fired up Truth Social…

    Interest rate cap on student loans ‘is just tinkering round the edges’

    Interest rate cap on student loans ‘is just tinkering round the edges’

    Wife of US Army sergeant who came to US as a BABY released by ICE after being detained at military base

    Wife of US Army sergeant who came to US as a BABY released by ICE after being detained at military base

    Top doctor breaks down as he’s found guilty of attempted manslaughter for trying to push wife off cliff in Hawaii

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 2 views
    Top doctor breaks down as he’s found guilty of attempted manslaughter for trying to push wife off cliff in Hawaii