Donald Trump unveils shameless name for new ballroom amid outrage over East Wing demolition

By PHILLIP NIETO, US POLITICAL REPORTER

Published: | Updated:

Donald Trump plans to name his $300million ballroom after himself after demolishing the entire East Wing of the White House.

Officials are referring to the grandiose building as The President Donald J Trump Ballroom, according to ABC News. Trump is set to keep the name when construction is finished.

Trump has not stated publicly what he intends to call the ballroom. The President made his career in New York real estate by slapping his name on the side of skyscrapers. 

The White House has stated that the ballroom will be completed before Trump leaves office in January 2029 but have not offered a specific timeline. Experts have said that this goal is ambitious.

‘I won’t get into that now,’ Trump said with a smile when asked by ABC News if he has a name for the ballroom.

The White House claims they have raised $350million for the ballroom project with estimates suggesting it will cost more than the initial $300million budget. 

A White House official said Trump ‘has received such positive and overwhelming support for the ballroom that he continues to receive donations.’

Trump has repeatedly claimed he plans to donate millions of dollars of his own to the ballroom’s construction. The project’s private donors includes executives from world’s top technology corporations, including Google, Meta, Amazon, and Microsoft.  

Donald Trump plans to rename the White House ballroom after himself

How the proposed ballroom, set to cost more than $300million in private donations, will look

The bulldozing of the East Wing of the White House began earlier this week 

As part of the ballroom’s construction, the entire East Wing of the White House was destroyed. 

Trump had originally claimed that the 83-year-old building wouldn’t be touched in the construction of the $250million privately funded ballroom.

But when a backhoe was pictured on Monday smashing through the walls of the historic building, it set off alarm bells.

First Lady Melania Trump, meanwhile, has been silent about the demolition despite the fact the East Wing holds the offices of her entire staff.

White House tours are now halted for the general public during the ballroom’s construction. 

The President held up pictures of the ornate ballroom during the meeting and a model of how the complex will look once the new wing was completed sat out on the table.

‘In order to do it properly, we had to take down the existing structure,’ the President explained inside the Oval Office on Wednesday as he hit out at the photos that were released of the demolition.

The White House was initially cagey about what the plans for the East Wing were, with suggestions that part of the structure would remain intact.

Melania Trump has remained silent after her staff’s office was demolished in the East Wing

Trump, announcing the ballroom earlier this year, claimed: ‘It won’t interfere with the current building. It’ll be near it but not touching it and pays total respect to the existing building, which I’m the biggest fan of.’

Traditionally, past presidents do not name monuments or structures inside or outside the White House after themselves especially while they are in office.

President Harry S Truman commissioned extensive reconstruction to the White House, including a balcony that was named in his honor after he left office.  

‘Any announcement made on the name of the ballroom will come directly from President Trump himself, and not through anonymous and unnamed sources,’ White House spokesman Davis Ingle told the Daily Mail.

Read More

  • Related Posts

    Trump calls off planned weekend strikes on new Iran targets as he hints at shock deal to REOPEN Strait of Hormuz

    See more Daily Mail on Google – save us as a Preferred Source By WILL POTTER, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER Published: 22:23 EDT, 1 August 2026 | Updated: 05:08 EDT,…

    Donald Trump wins golf tournament with barely-believable score at his own course… after ‘disrespectful’ faux pas in front of US troops

    Donald Trump wins golf tournament with barely-believable score at his own course… after ‘disrespectful’ faux pas in front of US troops See more Daily Mail on Google – save us…

    You Missed

    Fearless three-year-old defies mom to take solo trek to grandma’s house more than half a mile away

    Fearless three-year-old defies mom to take solo trek to grandma’s house more than half a mile away

    US launches fresh round of powerful strikes on Iran in revenge for thwarted attack as Trump considers new ‘go big’ military strategy

    US launches fresh round of powerful strikes on Iran in revenge for thwarted attack as Trump considers new ‘go big’ military strategy

    David Miliband said no when asked to be Education Secretary… and Lucy Powell’s angry at Deputy PM snub

    David Miliband said no when asked to be Education Secretary… and Lucy Powell’s angry at Deputy PM snub

    New test that could identify signs of Alzheimer’s disease set for Australia

    New test that could identify signs of Alzheimer’s disease set for Australia

    Connecticut mom makes risky legal move after getting sweetheart deal for allegedly locking stepson inside decrepit house of horrors for decades

    Connecticut mom makes risky legal move after getting sweetheart deal for allegedly locking stepson inside decrepit house of horrors for decades

    Dramatic rescues unfold at popular swimming spot as TWO more people are injured just days after teen crashed into rocks while cliff jumping

    • By poster
    • August 22, 2026
    • 16 views
    Dramatic rescues unfold at popular swimming spot as TWO more people are injured just days after teen crashed into rocks while cliff jumping