ORLANDO, Fla. – This Valentine’s Day, the Orlando Fireplace Division desires to be sure to know what to do in case of a damaged coronary heart.
Diana Stahl is the CPR coordinator for the division and affords yearly coaching on how one can render assist. She spoke to Information 6 concerning the significance of sustaining fireside well being and figuring out what to do in case of an emergency.
February is Nationwide Coronary heart Month, and Stahl supplied some tips about how one can preserve a coronary heart beating with CPR:
– Cardiac arrest can occur wherever, to anybody at anytime
– For each minute that goes by with out CPR, you lose a 10 % probability of survival
– There isn’t a want for mouth to mouth, by doing chest compressions you push and flow into the blood to the mind till assist arrives
– Name 911, then start compressions by pushing arduous and quick within the middle of the chest
– You need to purpose to finish 120 compressions per minute
– The track “Stayin’ Alive” is useful to recollect for the beat
– Florida has a “good samaritan” regulation that protects anybody who administers CPR beneath good religion that you’re offering assist
For Stahl’s full interview, watch the video under.
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.